Intranet DASHBOARD Version 8.2 – Release Notes
Intranet DASHBOARD version 8.2 introduces new features and improvements to the software.
Please note the following when upgrading to iD 8.2 from earlier iD versions:
- Custom API applications and components will need to be recompiled using the updated iD API DLL file included with this iD version. API applications should be compiled using .NET 4.5. Please refer to the ‘Namespaces and Assemblies’ section of the API guide document for more information: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/api/Documentation/GettingStarted.html.
For any further assistance with this process, please contact email@example.com.
- A new Intranet DASHBOARD language resource file for version 8.2 is available for those who have chosen to customize their iD website text. Instructions for customizing your language resource file and a link to download the updated file are available on the Intranet DASHBOARD Help site here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/extras/localization/Localization.html.
Intranet DASHBOARD 8.2 Enhancements & Improvements
- Must Read functionality to iD CMS Files and Pages.
- Setup Must Read
- Users with Full control and Editor permissions on Files/Pages can setup Must Read.
- Can be setup only on live versions of Files and Pages.
- Can be setup for Published and scheduled Files and Pages.
- Users having Full control and editor permission on Files/Page can see a Must Read icon
next to File/Page for which Must Read has been setup.
- Please refer http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/iDCMS/MustRead.html for
more information on Must Read functionality.
- Must Read Component
- Must Read component displays a configurable number of items the current user has
been assigned to Must Read.
- It also displays the total number of items pending to be confirmed by the user.
- The component can be placed on Layout or an iD CMS page.
- Record Views
- Views are recorded for items for which Must Read has been setup.
- A view is recorded once for every assigned user for every version of a Must Read item.
- View recording is stopped once the user confirms Reading the item.
- Email notifications are sent to all assigned users once a Must Read has been setup.
- A notification is also posted in the activity feed of the assigned users once a Must Read has been setup.
- Notifications for scheduled items are sent after the items are published.
- A new notification is sent to all assigned users if the due date is updated.
- Updated Channel security
- Users with creator or greater permission can create Channels.
- The user, who creates the Channel, becomes the owner of that Channel and can edit/delete that channel.
- Users with Editor and Full control permission can edit and/or delete any available channel.
- Ability to show x comments expanded by default on Activity Feed/Channels/Private Group
- Added new config setting ‘Comments Default Number Expanded’ under MyiD.
- By default, it is set to ‘None’.
- It has the pre-defined list from 1 to 10.
- Based on the value of this config setting, the specified number of comments will be displayed as expanded for all posts (Activity Feed, Channels, Private Groups and Activity Feed component).
- Ability to show Online Form Fields as Columns on the data grid on front end site.
- New drop down list has been added to the data grid on Forms Submission page.
- Drop down will have all the Form Fields.
- Selected Form Field will be displayed as Column on the data grid.
- Columns will be displayed in the same order in which Form Fields are present in the Form.
- Extended the support for email notification using Office365, Google and Amazon AWS servers.
- Resolved an issue with SAML where user was unable to login successfully if subsite name starts with ‘admin’
- Resolved an issue where Terms & Conditions page was not rendering properly on mobile devices.
- Resolved an intermittent issue where the black border was being displayed for some of the PNG files in Live and Edit mode of Image Component.
- Added proper padding to ‘Add Comment’ button present in the footer so that it can render properly on mobile devices.
- Resolved a design issue with ‘Styles and Formatting options’ drop down list from Formatted Text component.
- Removed unsupported subsite languages from Admin site.
- Resolved an issue where Admin user was unable to create new Channel via editing applications having Rich Text Box.
- Resolved an issue where no cookie error page was reloading continuously, causing the iD site to stop functioning.
- Resolved an issue where video files over 5 MB size were throwing error while downloading on an iD instance installed with local filestore.
- Resolved an intermittent issue where intranet failed to load iD concurrently when multiple users tried to perform the same action.
- Resolved an issue where ‘Target’ and ‘Tool Tip’ fields were missing for Image component.
- Resolved an issue where the user was unable to upload images in Image Component using Internet Explorer 9.
- Resolved an issue where the user was able to view his/her own profile in ‘Meet The Team’ component if search criteria return no result.
- Resolved an issue where duplicate notifications were being sent to users if iD has been setup in a load-balanced environment.
- Resolved an issue where SharePoint Search tab was not returning any results.
- Resolved an intermittent issue where only 5 posts were getting displayed on Social Networking API application.
- Resolved an intermittent runtime error, which was occurring on accessing ‘Add Application’ page under API on Admin site.
- Resolved an error which was occurring on accessing an Employee Training folder which does not have Owners Email attached.
- Resolved an issue where users with Read only permission on subsite were not able to add ratings.
- Resolved a design issue, which was occurring while accessing File Express and Staff Offers on Internet Explorer.
- Resolved issue where permanent delete was not working for Files and Pages.
- Resolved an issue where ‘Updated By’ text was still being displayed in the footer for iD CMS even when config setting ‘Footer- Item Details Option’ was set to ‘None’.
- Resolved an issue where the incorrect message was being displayed on iD CMS File upload failure.
- Resolved an issue where users with creator permission were unable to delete data/entity (layout, master profile, iD CMS folder, and files) created by them.
- Resolved an issue where the user was able to perform actions on Edit Folder pop up even when ‘Add Field’ pop up was open on top of ‘Edit Folder’ screen.
- Resolved an issue where the creator of the page was unable to see ‘Move’ and ‘Delete’ actions.
- Resolved an issue where adding an iD CMS file with a long title was breaking the thumbnail image.
- Resolved an issue where Lightbox was not opening on clicking on iD CMS page using Internet Explorer 9.
- Resolved an error that occurred when accessing iD CMS from a subsite having subsite language set as Chinese.
- Resolved an issue where the system asks for credentials on clicking on an iD link present in a MS Word document uploaded in iD CMS.
- Resolved an issue where custom indented bullets were not being saved in iD CMS page.
- Resolved an issue where some symbols were being displayed in encoded format if used in Rich Text Box on iD CMS page.
- Resolved an issue where iD CMS grid was becoming unresponsive for a couple of seconds.
- Resolved an issue where duplicate notifications were being sent if mentions have been used in iD CMS Folder or Files.
- Resolved an issue where added Channels from iD CMS Files were being removed when the file goes through the approval process for users with creator and contributor permissions.
- Resolved an issue where Link Checker report was showing incorrect Owner’s name for some of the iD CMS pages.
- Resolved an issue where hashtags and mentions were not working for Layout Manager.
- Resolved an issue where Private Group owner was unable to delete posts created by users having Full control permission on MyiD.
- Resolved an issue where system shows a blank screen on clicking on Cancel button while changing the password from Edit Profile page.
- Resolved an issue where using @ symbol with any word and applying the bold style to it was showing HTML tags in the post.
- Resolved an issue where the user was able to like the same post multiple times.
- Resolved an issue where Help Site link under MyiD was pointing to incorrect URL.
- Implemented server side sanitizations for Activity Feed posts.
- Resolved an error that was occurring on clicking, Edit or Delete on ‘Manage Priority Contacts’ page.
- Resolved an issue where apostrophe was being displayed in the encoded format in Channels name.
- Resolved an issue where the user was unable to add a Priority Contact having an apostrophe in the first name or last name.
- Resolved an error that was occurring on clicking on added MyiD notification via Manage My Notifications page.
- Resolved an intermittent issue where empty notifications were being sent to Activity Feed.
- Updated RSS User Agent string so that RSS news feeds can be loaded properly on all three browsers.
- Resolved an alignment issue with News articles and their respective bullet icon in News Headlines component.
- Resolved an issue where News Carousel component was not resizing based on the browser size.
- Resolve an issue where uploading a .jpeg image as News Category thumbnail was throwing an error on Admin site.
- Resolved an issue where image present in News body was shown as broken in the preview.
- Resolved an issue with Date Range Selector Form field where HTTP 404 error was being logged in the console.
- Updated the font size for My Forms pages.
- Resolved an error that might occur while accessing Calendar’s recycle bin from Project Space.
- Resolved an issue where Submit News icon was missing for Project Space.
- Resolved an issue where the user was unable to delete blank answer field.
- Resolved an issue where some of the language characters were not being displayed properly on front end site.
- Resolved an issue where searching for any activity feed posts was showing incorrect subsite URL.
- Resolved an issue where text added on the layout was not returned in search results.
- Resolved an issue where the incorrect name was being displayed for the newly added search tab.
- Resolved an issue where searching for any word was showing search string in the encoded format on the search tab.
For information on the minimum hardware specifications required to successfully upgrade to iD 8.2, please see the Technical Specifications.
For details on how to upgrade to iD 8.2 please visit https://client.intranetdashboard.com and complete the ‘Upgrade Form’ located in the ‘Software Upgrade’ section of the portal.
If you have any other queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.