Intranet DASHBOARD Version 6.1 introduces significant performance enhancements as well as many other new features and improvements to the software.
Please note the following when upgrading to iD 6.1 from earlier iD versions:
- Sites using downloadable iD API Add Ons such as the Social Media Integration components, SharePoint Connector and Banner Viewer (available from the iD API Add Ons page of the iD Help site) will need to download the latest updated versions of these components from this page and copy the updated files over the previous version. More information on the update process can be found at http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/apicomponents/UpdateComponent.html.
For more information or assistance with this process please contact email@example.com.
- Custom API applications and components will need to be recompiled using the updated iD API DLL file included with this iD version. This is due to changes in iD 6.1 to the way that iD interacts with API applications. No code changes are required to API applications before recompiling, other than updating the reference to the new DLL file. API applications should be compiled using .NET 4.0. Please refer to the ‘Namespaces and Assemblies’ section of the API guide document for more information: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/api/Documentation/GettingStarted.html.
For any further assistance with this process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new Intranet DASHBOARD language resource file for version 6.1 is available for those who have chosen to customize their iD website text. Instructions for customizing your language resource file and a link to download the updated file are available on the Intranet DASHBOARD Help site here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/extras/localization/Localization.html.
Intranet DASHBOARD 6.1 Enhancements & Improvements
- Added a new iD CMS link checker that allows admin users to generate a report of all broken and/or valid links contained in CMS pages. This report is then emailed to the user who requested it. More information about this functionality is available here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/iDCMS/Pages/ManagingPages.html#brokenlinks
- Added support for using SAML to authenticate iD website users. This functionality adds a new frontend security mode to iD that allows users to login to iD through an external site. When this mode is enabled users will be redirected to the external site login page when they first access iD. After logging in on the external site they will then be redirected back to the iD site. More information is available here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/systemadmin/Security/ChangingtheFrontendSecurityType.html#saml
- The SharePoint Connector API app now allows users to set default SharePoint credentials via the SharePoint app web.config file. These details in the web.config are only used if no username and password have been specified in the component properties. More information about this component is available here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/apicomponents/SharePointConnector/ConfigureComponentProperties.html#webconfig
- Added new ‘Automatic Template Update’ config setting. When this setting is enabled, any changes made to templates will be reflected automatically when the user edits a page or layout, rather than the user needing to manually trigger the template update when editing a page or layout.
- iD now supports SQL Server 2014.
- Implemented several performance enhancements to improve performance and reduce page load times.
- Improved responsiveness when using iD on a mobile device.
- Updated 3rd party Rich Textbox component to latest version.
- Improved HTML format-stripping functionality in the Rich Textbox.
- iD can now be loaded inside an iframe on an external website.
- Notification emails assigned to Active Directory user groups are now correctly sent to all group members.
- Resolved theme styling issue that caused some iD frontend website text to display at an incorrect size.
- Resolved issue that prevented some website user properties from being passed to external sites using SSO functionality.
- Resolved issue that caused users to be redirected to the website home page when attempting to directly load a URL within the iD site without logging in.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a 401 unauthorized error when loading an API application after recycling the main iD website app pool in IIS.
- Resolved issue with document icon display for SharePoint component in IE.
iD Administration System
- Enabled the administration system single sign-on functionality to also work for website users using Login mode security.
- Added a config setting 'Hide Full Control' that when enabled allows only superusers to apply Full Control access to Website Users within the iD administration system.
- Subsite names may now contain '/' and ',' characters.
- Updated admin news on the administration system welcome page to allow display of RSS feeds from the iD News application.
- Fixed 'Add Admin User' page so that user details are once again automatically populated from the details of the base user.
- Resolved an error that could occur when sorting Website user list using 'Last Name' column.
- Resolved issue that prevented workflow email content from being edited in Chrome and Firefox.
- Resolved an issue that prevented CC and BCC fields from displaying when editing a Workflow email.
- Resolved issue that could corrupt ad links that use a query string.
- Improved performance when editing a calendar on the frontend website.
- Resolved an error that could occur when uploading a file on the frontend website in Digital Asset Library using the Add Item wizard.
- Resolved an issue that prevented expiry notification emails for Document Manager documents from arriving.
- Resolved an issue that prevented documents from being added to the 'Unread List' under certain combinations of user permissions.
- Resolved an error that could occur on the Nomination page of the course in Employee Training when user clicks on Next button.
- Improved performance when loading or saving a template that is used in many places.
- Improved performance of the iD CMS 'Front End Security' report in the admin system.
- Added a new config setting 'Expiry in days from modification', which if enabled will extend the expiry date of the page by the selected number of days each time the page is edited.
- Updated file download component for improved compatibility with all browsers.
- When a component is removed from the list of available components on a template, pages using that template will now have all instances of the component hidden when they are viewed (after updating the template on the page).
- Custom components now remain visible on pages even when the original component they are based on is made unavailable. Previously disabling the original component would also hide any custom components based on it.
- Page expiry warning for expired pages no longer displays when editing an iD CMS page if the expiry date has been updated during editing.
- Page expiry date now updates when a page is saved rather than when it is edited if default expiry is enabled.
- Added validation on the Edit Folder page to prevent the folder from being saved without a title.
- Improved handling of page edits when the page uses a template that has been deleted.
- Resolved an issue with Most Popular Links component where some links from News and Quick Links did not display correctly.
- Resolved an Image component issue that prevented images with empty spaces in the URL from being uploaded.
- Resolved an issue that caused the layout to be corrupted if the left padding value was left blank in a Formatted Text component.
- Resolved display issue that caused a small amount of extra space to display underneath images added in the Formatted Text component.
- Resolved an error that could occur when saving a layout after uploading a non-image file in an Image component.
- Resolved an error that could occur when clicking the 'Request Access' link in the footer.
- Resolved an issue where user was unable to save a template if the change description contained only a newline character.
- Resolved an intermittent error that could occur when adding more than one Footer component to an iD CMS page.
- Under load-balanced setup, changes to subsite layouts are now automatically applied between servers.
- Resolved issue that prevented components from being moved on layout templates when they were set to prevent repositioning only on layouts.
- Vertical nav bar now correctly maintains its expanded state when clicking a 2nd level link.
- Resolved an error that could occur when adding a link to a nav bar.
- Resolved issue that could cause an extra '/' character to be added to the end of nav link URLs.
- Resolved an error that occurred when previewing a nav bar.
- Added a config setting 'Archive Years Available' to set number of years to be available when viewing archived news articles for a category.
- Updated 'News Carousel' component to display news articles with a future publish date in inline edit mode for users with permission to edit the article.
- Fixed display issue that caused the News Archive link to be disabled but still display when it was set to be hidden.
- Improved performance of Online Forms to better handle large volumes of forms and form submissions
- Improved handling of Unicode characters in Online Forms.
- Resolved issue for users in certain time zones that caused dates in submitted forms to be displayed as occurring one day before the actual selected date.
- Resolved an issue that prevented users from undeleting Online Forms folders from the Recycle Bin.
- Resolved an error that could occur when exporting form submissions to CSV when [ ] is used in a field name.
- Removed '=' character that appeared before date values when exporting form submissions to CSV.
- Pressing the Enter key now correctly submits a People Search query on the frontend website in the Firefox browser.
- Resolved a display issue in Chrome that caused some links in Project Space not to display.
- Added support for UNC path (network drive) links to be entered as Quick links - eg. \\myserver\myfolder\myfile.txt.
- Quick links now correctly handles links containing spaces in the URL.
- Resolved an intermittent issue where user was unable to change the position of links in the admin system.
- Resolved an intermittent issue that caused inconsistent search results to show for Document Manager Search.
- Pressing the Enter key now correctly submits Search queries on the frontend website in Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Improved error handling when processing statistics in Statistics Reporter app.
For information on the minimum hardware specifications required to successfully upgrade to iD 6.1, please see the Technical Specifications.
For details on how to upgrade to iD 6.1 please visit https://client.intranetdashboard.com and complete the ‘Upgrade Form’ located in the ‘Software Upgrade’ section of the portal.
If you have any other queries please contact us at email@example.com.