Intranet DASHBOARD Version 6.0.2 introduces significant performance enhancements and several new iD CMS components, as well as many other new features and improvements to the software.
Please note the following when upgrading to iD 6.0.2 from earlier iD versions:
- Due to iD now using .NET Framework 4.0, custom API applications and components created prior to version 6.0 will need to be recompiled using .NET 4.0 in order to work in iD 6.0.2.
- If your iD installation makes use of a custom theme you will need to implement some updates to your theme for compatibility with iD 6.0.2. Please see the Custom Theme Update page for more information: http://support.intranetdashboard.com/home/UserGuides/CustomThemeUpdate.html.
- Sites using the downloadable iD API Social Media Integration components (available from the iD API Add Ons page of the iD Help site) should download the latest updated version of these components from this page and copy the updated files over the previous version. More information on the update process can be found at http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/apicomponents/UpdateComponent.html.
For more information or assistance with this process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new Intranet DASHBOARD language resource file for version 6.0.2 is available for those who have chosen to customize their iD website text. Instructions for customizing your language resource file and a link to download the updated file are available on the Intranet DASHBOARD Help site here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/extras/localization/Localization.html.
Intranet DASHBOARD 6.0.2 Enhancements & Improvements
- Added new 'Most Popular Links' iD CMS component that displays a list of the most clicked links from News, Quick Links and the Nav Bar. More information about this component is available here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/Components/MostPopularLinksComponent.html.
- Added new 'News Carousel' iD CMS component to display selected content from the News application in a carousel format. More information about this component is available here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/Components/NewsCarouselComponent.html.
- Added new 'News Headlines' iD CMS component to display a list of titles of selected News content. More information about this component is available here: http://help.intranetdashboard.com/applications/Components/NewsHeadlinesComponent.html.
- Implemented multiple performance improvements, including significantly reduced page load times, faster saving of iD CMS pages, faster startup of the iD website on first load, and reduced bandwidth usage due to improved caching of content.
- Added the ability to display a list of users who have recently updated the current iD content page in the page footer. This functionality can be enabled using the ‘Footer page detail options’ configuration setting. The ‘Footer recently updated length in months’ configuration setting specifies how many months’ worth of edits are included as recent.
- Resolved caching issue that could cause interface text to sometimes be displayed in the incorrect language.
- Fixed installer crash issue when installing on Windows Server 2008 Standard.
- Resolved issue that prevented website users details from being automatically updated from Active Directory on login.
- Fixed display issue that caused the 'Default Path' field to be hidden when editing website user groups.
iD Administration System
- The Task List tab on the administration system welcome page now displays a count of how many tasks are in the list.
- Improved validation of URLs for ads in Ad Manager.
- Improved performance of iD API applications. To take advantage of this performance improvement in custom API applications you will need to recompile your API applications using the updated iD API DLL files.
- Updated iD API to function in load balanced environments.
- Facebook component no longer displays 'Undefined' as message text when displaying posts that contain an image without any associated text.
- Resolved issue that caused the Facebook component to display less than the specified number of posts if some of the returned posts were not public.
- Resolved issue that could prevent the Yammer component from returning any content from Yammer.
- Resolved error that could occasionally occur when loading API applications.
- Resolved error that could occur when editing an approved calendar event that is part of a workflow.
- Resolved error that occurred when viewing the Forum after deleting the latest post in a subcategory.
- Added new reporting functionality for iD CMS, available through the administration interface. Reports can be generated to list iD CMS content based on when it was created, the user who created it and users who have modified the content. A separate report is also available listing for each iD CMS folder in a given subsite which users have which level of access to that folder.
- Added footer to rich textbox control to display hyperlink URLs, table and cell styles, etc.
- iD CMS page list now displays whether each iD CMS page was last updated in Live or Staging mode.
- Added several new buttons to the Heading component rich textbox, including Cut, Copy, Paste and Undo/Redo.
- The 'Insert Link' window in the rich textbox control now only lists iD applications that contain content when selecting content from within the iD website to link to.
- The hyperlink selector now sorts application names by Title and only lists applications that are active on the selected subsite.
- Image component now allows the selected image to be changed without saving the component in between selections.
- Links in iD CMS pages to deleted iD content now display a message stating that the deleted content is no longer available when the link is clicked.
- Resolved display issue in IE that caused the 'CSS Class Layout' list in the rich textbox Table Wizard to be empty.
- Resolved API component resizing issue that occurred in IE 8 and IE 9.
- Hyperlink selector now correctly displays all files available from iD CMS pages. Previously only the first file was listed.
- Resolved issue that caused the File Download component not to upload files when it had entered edit mode using the component dropdown menu.
- Resolved issue in Internet Explorer that caused the Print link in the footer not to print the page.
- Resolved display issue in Chrome that sometimes caused the page footer to overlay parts of the page content.
- Nav items in the treeview on the Edit Nav Items page now update when the name of the nav item is edited.
- Improved the appearance of the preview page when creating a news article.
- The RSS feed for iD notifications now works correctly when used as the source for a news component.
- Notifications for iD CMS pages are now sent only when pages are saved to Live, and no longer sent for pages in Staging.
- Notifications now take content visibility dates into account, and will be sent when the content becomes available rather than when it is first created.
- Resolved issue that could cause thumbnail photos not to display on the search results page under some circumstances.
- Quick Links selected from the dropdown list now redirect automatically when selected, rather than when the 'Go' button is clicked.
- Resolved error that could occur when adding a Quick Links group in the administration system.
- Resolved error that could occur (in the event log) when processing statistics.
- Resolved display issue that could cause some survey content not to be displayed.
For information on the minimum hardware specifications required to successfully upgrade to iD 6.0.2, please see the Technical Specifications.
For details on how to upgrade to iD 6.0.2 please visit https://client.intranetdashboard.com and complete the ‘Upgrade Form’ located in the ‘Software Upgrade’ section of the portal.
If you have any other queries please contact us at email@example.com.